I know, I have been taking some days off from blogging lately. Even if I was cooking and baking as much as I rarely did in my life before, none of these cool dishes found their way to this blog. Well, I guess, I just prefered to take them to bed with me and sleep over those recipes. 🙂 In the coming weeks, I hope to be more productive in terms of actually blogging the things I create in my kitchen. 🙂
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1½ cup raw nuts and/or seeds (I used pecans, walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds )
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried fruit, chopped if large (I used cranberries and raisins)
- optional additional add-ins, such as nuts, coconut flakes etc.
Preheat the oven to 150°C. Cover a big baking tray with baking paper. At low heat, melt the coconut oil and combine it with the maple syrup. In a big bowl, mix all the other ingredients: oats, nuts, dried fruit and spices. Pour the coconut oil and syrup mixture over it and stir with a spoon until all dry ingredients are covered by oil and syrup. Distribute the mixture evenly on the baking paper and put it in the oven for 15 minutes. Mix everything after 7 minutes. Keep an eye on it, since granola tends to burn easily. 🙂
Store it in a air-tight container or in a jar, and use it within 3-4 weeks.