A very fresh and delicious salad which can easily be turned into a whole light meal. The smell of fresh mint gives a special trait to it. For the coming spring and summer days. 🙂
- 500 g new potatoes, scrubbed
- 100 ml crème fraiche
- juice and zest of a ½ lemon
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, very finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Wash and scrub the potatoes and boil them gently in salted water until they are soft when you prick them with a fork. Leave the cooked potatoes to cool a little and slice them in half.
In a separate bowl mix crème fraiche, chilli, chopped mint leaves (only ¾), garlic, salt and pepper, lemon juice and zest.
Stir the potatoes into the dressing and sprinkle the rest of the mint leaves over the top and drizzle with olive oil.
The recipe was adapted from Jamie Oliver.